Suitable for all users. You will learn the foundations of building, troubleshooting and repairing Computer Networks. If you looking to gain CompTIA Network+ certification, this course will benefit you. This course aligns to the CompTIA Network+, Exam Number: N10-007.
6 Day Classroom Course
Study materials included
Learning options for this course
This course can be taken at our Training Centre in Dublin 2. Socially distanced learning. Full interaction with expert trainers.
Daytime or evenings using iLiveLearning. Full interaction with the trainer, just like in the classroom. Software provided.
Skills You will have at the end of the Course
To understand, design, build and troubleshoot Computer Networks.
This course starts by reviewing the functions provided by modern computer network. We also learn how to design, build and maintain local area networks.
Recommended to have CompTIA A+ Certification or equivalent working knowledge.
At the end of the course, you’ll be Certified by the Irish Academy of Computer Training
Who would benefit
This course is suitable for many personnel responsible for operation, maintenance and support of PC hardware and software. Technicians, Support Staff, Managers and Engineers and those looking to get CompTIA Network+ certified.
Why take the Course
To be able to design, build and maintain modern computer networks.
Module 1 : Networking Concepts
In this section, you’ll learn the fundamental building blocks of computer networks;
- Explain the purposes and uses of ports and protocols.
- Explain devices, applications, protocols and services at their appropriate OSI layers.
- Explain the concepts and characteristics of routing and switching.
- Given a scenario, configure the appropriate IP addressing components.
- Compare and contrast the characteristics of network topologies, types and technologies.
- Given a scenario, implement the appropriate wireless technologies and configurations.
- Summarize cloud concepts and their purposes.
- Explain the functions of network services.
Module 2 : Infrastructure
- Given a scenario, deploy the appropriate cabling.
- Given a scenario, determine the appropriate placement of networking devices on a network and install/configure them.
- Explain the purposes and use cases for advanced networking devices.
- Explain the purposes of virtualization and network storage technologies.
- Compare and contrast WAN technologies.
Module 3 : Network Operations
In this section, you’ll learn the essential components of network operations;
- Given a scenario, use appropriate documentation and diagrams to manage the network.
- Compare and contrast business continuity and disaster recovery concepts.
- Explain common scanning, monitoring and patching processes and summarize their expected outputs.
- Given a scenario, use remote access methods.
- Identify policies and best practices.
Module 4 : Network Security
In this section, you’ll learn the essential components of network security
- Summarize the purposes of physical security devices.
- Explain authentication and access controls.
- Given a scenario, secure a basic wireless network.
- Summarize common networking attacks.
- Given a scenario, implement network device hardening.
- Explain common mitigation techniques and their purposes.
Module 5 : Network Troubleshooting and Tools
In this section, you’ll learn the how to troubleshoot and repair networks;
- Explain the network troubleshooting methodology.
- Given a scenario, use the appropriate tool.
- Given a scenario, troubleshoot common wired connectivity and performance issues.
- Given a scenario, troubleshoot common wireless connectivity and performance issues.
- Given a scenario, troubleshoot common network service issues.