Anti-Bribery and Corruption Course
This online Anti-Bribery and Corruption course will ensure employees at all levels understand their roles and responsibilities in protecting your business from the risk of bribery and corruption.
What you'll learn
Understand the four offences that can be committed under the bribery act.
Understand the fine line between gifts and bribes.
When is it acceptable to give a gift or hospitality.
When might they be seen as a bribe.
What you should look out for – the signs that suggest that bribery might be taking place.
What you should do if you’ve been given, offered or promised a gift or hospitality and think it might be a bribe, or if you suspect someone else is involved in bribery.
This course covers
What is Bribery and Corruption
- Overview of what bribery and corruption are.
- Impact on society.
- Never acceptable.
- Everyone is responsible for conducting business in an ethical and honest manner.
High-risk Activities and Locations
Types of risk; location based or country specific, industry related, situational or activity based, and people or relationship based.
Some locations pose a greater risk than others.
CPI, assessing risk, red flags, and mitigation.
- Overview of tactics to prevent bribery and corruption.
- You are the most important control against bribery and corruption.
- Awareness of risk, ability to spot red flags, and willingness to speak up.
Politically Exposed Persons
- Who are PEPS?
- How to identify a PEP.
- Dealing with PEPs.
- Obtaining senior management approval to work with a PEP.
- Economic and social effects of bribery and corruption and the fact they are crimes around the world.
- Consequences for companies and individuals found guilty.
- Our policies help protect us.
Cash and Gifts
- What is considered a bribe?
- What counts as gifts or entertainment?
- What to do if you have any doubts.
- Importance of accurate record keeping for anti corruption training.
- National law and company policy set record keeping standards.
- Everything must be thoroughly documented.
- Dealing with government officials.
Fully online course with no time limits. Multiple online assessment attempts allowed.
Course and Assessment created and approved by a QQI Level 6 Fully Certified Expert Trainer.
Course and Assessment should be completed every 2 years as per industry best practice.