This Adobe Illustrator Course will give attendees the skills to become creative with Adobe Illustrator CC. A practical hands-on tutorial for users of all levels. You'll learn how to create stunning designs graphics, pictures and icons.
Intermediate to Advanced
2 Day Course
- Go from Zero to Hero on this 2 Day hands on course that takes you through the Key fundamentals of this amazing graphic design application.
Skills you’ll learn
- Understand vector graphics and creative industry terminologies
- Design and create Illustrator artwork from scratch
- Work with images and layout pages for posters, fliers or ads
- Create infographic elements, icons and logos
- Create graphs and charts and link to Indesign
- Make maps, plans and point of sale signage
Who would benefit
- Existing Illustrator users, beginners looking to get an understanding of Adobe Illustrator, or upskill to a career into the following creative areas, Graphic Design, Web Design, Social media & Digital Marketing, Interior Design, Production Design, Video and animation.
Why take this course
- To become proficient in Adobe Illustrator, to be able to produce a wide range artwork. This includes being able to create and edit infographics, logo Design, maps, posters, flyers, web UI and large format point of sale graphic design.
- At the end of the course, you’ll be Certified by the Irish Academy of Computer Training.
- CPD Certification
- Course participants must have good computer, file management, keyboard and mouse skills. No prior knowledge of Illustrator is required.
- Software is provided in the Classroom and Live Virtual options
- Part of IACT’s Graphic Design Master Diploma
Why choose IACT
- Ireland’s leading training provider for 30 years
- Full-time Certified Trainers who use the software every day
- Smaller class sizes to accelerate learning
Day 1 : Illustrator Course Curriculum
On Day 1 you will cover the following topics;
- The Workspace
- Take a look around
- Panels and Palettes
- Starting a New Document
- Print vs Screen ?
- File formats, Resolution, Colour Mode
- Document Navigation, Zooming and Panning
- The Pasteboard
- Basic drawing objects
- The Stacking order
- An introduction to Layers
- Grouping and Isolation mode
- Alignment tools
- Pathfinder and Shape making
- The White arrow
- Vectors and Anchor points
- The Pen tool, adding, editing, deleting
- Basic Curves
- Drawing from scratch
- Cutting tools
- Simple effects
- Introducing Text
- Gradients and Blends
- Bringing it all together
- Creating your first Illustrator artwork, a 45 minute recap
- Saving your files.
- Colours Swatches and Libraries
- Advanced Text
- Time for a challenge, finish the day with a 60 minute recap of the day
Day 2 : Illustrator Course Curriculum
On Day 2 you will cover the following topics;
- Art Boards
- Editing, adding, deleting
- Save to PDF
- Export for other formats
- Working with Images
- Linking and embedding
- Clipping masks
- Page Layout
- Rulers and Guides
- Importing Text
- Working in Columns
- Linking Text Frames
- Text Wrap
- Image Trace
- Making icons
- Looking at Stock
- Recap Exercise
- Graphs and Charts
- Linked files to Indesign
- Overview of online content
- Final Exercise
- Creating Maps and Plans
We'll reply quickly.
I understand that my personal data is being processed in accordance with the privacy notice and accept the terms and conditions of use.