Suitable for all Access users or anyone new to the application. You'll learn the foundations of using and understanding an Access database, and be confident in moving around its environment.
Suitable for All Levels
2 Day Course
Learning Options for this Course
This course can be taken at our Training Centre in Dublin 2. Socially distanced learning. Full interaction with expert trainers.
Daytime or evenings using iLiveLearning. Full interaction with the trainer, just like in the classroom. Software provided.
Self-paced online course on our Learning Hub with Assessment and Certification. 1 Year access. Software required.
Skills You will have at the end of the Course
Create and manage database objects
Master creating tables and modifying their properties
Setup, run and edit queries
Design forms and reports
Export tables, queries to Microsoft Excel
Understand what table relationships are
This course starts you at the beginning of Access. It will guide new Access users through the powerful Microsoft Access program. You will gain a fast, practical and extensive knowledge of the powerful features of this package, explaining the structure, design and capabilities of databases.
No prior knowledge is required, some knowledge of excel maybe useful.
At the end of the course you’ll be Certified by the Irish Academy of Computer Training
Who would benefit
New or existing users of databases who would like to gain a better understanding of how a database is constructed and managed.
Why take the Course
To be able to design and build a database incorporating the use of forms, queries and reports. You will gain a better understanding of this application and how the various objects relate and depend on each other.
Section 1: Tables
- Opening the Access Application;
- Create a blank access database
- Create a table using design view
- Create field names and assign data types
- Use the primary key
- Modify table properties
- Add, delete, edit records in datasheet view
- Sort and filter records in datasheet view
Section 2: Queries
- Create a query in design view based on a table
- Add and remove fields from an existing query
- Setup criteria:
- Use OR and AND queries
- Use wildcards and operators in a query
- Sort a query
Section 3: Forms
- Create a form based on a table using the wizard
- Change the layout of the form in design view
- Add company logos to the form
- Add text to the form
- Add, delete and edit records in form view
- Delete a form
Section 4: Reports
- Create report based on a table using the wizard
- Change the layout of the report in design view
- Modify the title of the report
- Insert a date into the report
- Preview the report
- Delete a report
Section 5: Relationships and Excel
- Understand a one-to-many relationship between two tables
- Create a two table query to view all records from both tables
- Export a table or query to Excel
Contact us - we'll get back to you quickly