Suitable for all users. You will learn the foundations of building, troubleshooting and repairing Computer Networks. If you looking to gain CompTIA Network+ certification, this course will benefit you. This course aligns to the CompTIA Network+, Exam Number: N10-006.
6 Day Classroom Course
Study materials included
Skills You will have at the end of the Course
To understand, design, build and troubleshoot Computer Networks.
This course starts by reviewing the functions provided by modern computer network. We also learn how to design, build and maintain local area networks.
Recommended to have CompTIA A+ Certification or equivalent working knowledge.
At the end of the course, you’ll be Certified by the Irish Academy of Computer Training
Who would benefit
This course is suitable for many personnel responsible for operation, maintenance and support of PC hardware and software. Technicians, Support Staff, Managers and Engineers and those looking to get CompTIA Network+ certified.
Why take the Course
To be able to design, build and maintain modern computer networks.
Module 1 : Network Architecture
In this section, you’ll learn the fundamental building blocks of computer networks;
- Explain the functions and applications of various network devices.
- Compare and contrast the use of networking services and applications.
- Install and configure the following networking services/applications.
- Explain the characteristics and benefits of various WAN technologies.
- Install and properly terminate various cable types and connectors using appropriate tools.
- Differentiate between common network topologies.
- Differentiate between network infrastructure implementations.
- Given a scenario, implement and configure the appropriate addressing schema.
- Explain the basics of routing concepts and protocols.
- Identify the basics elements of unified communication technologies.
- Compare and contrast technologies that support cloud and virtualization.
- Given a set of requirements, implement a basic network.
Module 2 : Network Operations
In this section, you’ll learn the essential components of network operations;
- Given a scenario, use appropriate monitoring tools.
- Given a scenario, analyse metrics and reports from monitoring and tracking performance tools.
- Given a scenario, use appropriate resources to support configuration management.
- Explain the importance of implementing network segmentation.
- Given a scenario, install and apply patches and updates.
- Given a scenario, configure a switch using proper features.
- Install and configure wireless LAN infrastructure and implement the appropriate technologies in support of wireless capable devices.
Module 3 : Network Security
In this section, you’ll learn the essential components of network security;
- Compare and contrast risk related concepts.
- Compare and contrast common network vulnerabilities and threats.
- Given a scenario, implement network hardening techniques.
- Compare and contrast physical security controls.
- Given a scenario, install and configure a basic firewall.
- Explain the purpose of various network access control models.
- Summarize basic forensic concepts.
Module 4 : Network Troubleshooting
In this section, you’ll learn the how to troubleshoot and repair networks;
- Given a scenario, implement a network troubleshooting methodology.
- Given a scenario, analyse and interpret the output of troubleshooting tools.
- Given a scenario, troubleshoot and resolve common wireless issues.
- Given a scenario, troubleshoot and resolve common copper cable issues.
- Given a scenario, troubleshoot and resolve common fibre cable issues.
- Given a scenario, troubleshoot and resolve common network issues.
- Given a scenario, troubleshoot and resolve common security issues.
- Given a scenario, troubleshoot and resolve common WAN issues.
Module 5 : Industrial Standards, Practices and Network Theory
In this section, you’ll learn the industry best practice regarding computer networks;
- Analyse a scenario and determine the corresponding OSI layer.
- Explain the basics of network theory and concepts.
- Given a scenario, deploy the appropriate wireless standard.
- Given a scenario, deploy the appropriate wired connectivity standard.
- Given a scenario, implement the appropriate policies or procedures.
- Summarize safety practices.
- Given a scenario, install and configure equipment in the appropriate location using best practices.
- Explain the basics of change management procedures.
- Compare and contrast the following ports and protocols.
- Given a scenario, configure and apply the appropriate ports and protocols.
To get Dates, Pricing & more info please enter your details and we will get back to you.
Or call us on 01 434 7600