Skills You will have at the end of the Course
Understand a MySQL Instance.
Administer a MySQL Instance the Database.
Create a Well Normalised Database.
Create efficient MySQL Queries.
Understand errors as they occur and how rectify them.
Create SQL Queries for Database Driven Applications
Indexing Tables for Better Performance
Good database practices to be followed.
This course starts by explaining what a database is, and moving on to creating databases containing tables and views, and stored procedures.
At the end of the course, you’ll be Certified by the Irish Academy of Computer Training
Who would benefit
If you a Software Developer, or Web Developer, or a Programmer, then MySQL Database should be one of the Mandatory Databases in your “To Learn” list. If you don’t know MySQL yet or if you are new to any database then this course will benefit you.
Why take the Course
To understand the architecture, components and makeup of the modern PC. To be able to install hardware devices and diagnose installation problems. To understand how Windows configures and works with hardware devices.
Module 1 : Getting the Development Environment Ready
- Installation of a MySQL Database Server in Windows.
Module 2 : Beginning with MySQL Basics
- What is a database.
- Creating a Database – CREATE DATABASE
- Creating a Table – CREATE TABLE
- Inserting Values into Table – INSERT INTO
- Retrieving Values from Table – SELECT
- Selecting specific data using a WHERE Clause
- Selecting Data Using AND, OR, NOT
- Selecting Distinct Values from Column – DISTINCT
- Sorting the Data Using ORDER BY
- Limiting the Data Retrieved Using LIMIT
- Updating or Modifying Data in a Table Using UPDATE
- Deleting Data from a Table Using DELETE
- Deleting a Table – DROP TABLE
- Deleting all values in Table – TRUNCATE TABLE
- Understand a Table’s structure DESCRIBE TABLE
- Altering a Table’s Structure – ALTER TABLE
Module 3 : More Complex MySQL
- Selecting Data with a Range – BETWEEN
- Creating Column Aliases – AS
- Selecting Data which has one of Multiple Values – IN
- Using LIKE and WILDCARDS
- Copy Table with INSERT INTO SELECT
- Copy a Table Structure – CREATE TABLE LIKE
- Copy Table with Certain Columns – INSERT INTO SELECT
- Combine the Tables – UNION
Module 4 : Keeping Database in Shape
- PRIMARY KEY
- UNIQUE KEY
- FOREIGN KEY
- NOT NULL
Module 5 : Multi Table Queries
- Using Joins to Combine Tables
- INNER JOIN
- LEFT JOIN
- RIGHT JOIN
- FULL JOIN
For Dates, Pricing & more info, please enter your details and we'll get back to you quickly.
Or call us on 01 434 7600
*Required info. We treat your data with care, please see our Privacy Notice for more details